The New York Researcher is the NYG&B’s award winning quarterly newsletter. Each issue covers informative subjects in New York genealogy, news, book reviews, announcements and programs. A searchable, complete run of The New York Researcher and its predecessor publication the NYG&B Newsletter, first published in 1990, is available to members in the NYG&B’s eLibrary.
The feature articles of The New York Researcher have made it a particularly useful research tool for New York genealogists. These articles cover a variety of topics, including:
- Descriptions of sources for New York genealogy, such as probate, church, and census records.
- Descriptions of holdings of other New York State libraries and record repositories.
- “How to” articles on New York genealogical research, both statewide and for particular counties or cities, religious or ethnic groups, or time periods.
- Lists of accounts of New York families “hidden” in multi-family works, manuscript collections, and periodicals.
- Articles on New York families published in other periodicals, past and present